Sunday, November 20, 2011

#16 FINISHED!

Read the One Year Bible

Ok, so I thought I could breeze through this since I'm a somewhat fast reader. NOPE!! I did read it fast considering when I started, but I forgot how long the Bible is. We read Daniel, Collosians & Job in church this year, so I didn't reread those. I know we did more, but that's what I actually remembered. I will admit, some of the Old Testament books did get skimmed over but I think that's ok.

I consider myself very lucky that I went to a Christian school growing up and we had a Bible class every year. In 7th grade I had Patti Weaver as my Bible teacher (I think it was 7th grade) and as I was reading through the Old Testament several of her lessons came back to me. My favorite was when the Israelites had to wonder through the desert & rely on God for everything. In class we hiked around campus and were so tired (Well I think Allison & I were exaggerating how far it really was, since it was the same path we had to run in cheerleading...I guess we were trying to feel like the Israelites! We even made up a song, but that's for another time). Mrs. Weaver had place some chips randomly on the path to represent the manna that God faithfully provided. I remember thinking what a fun surprise that was & how God continued to "surprise" the Israelites by providing for them. It's easy for me to read about their journey and say, "Well of course God is going to provide for them. How can they trust him one minute but not the next?" when this is something that I do on a regular basis. Being in real estate, I've learned that I cannot control what or how people react and their responses. If I could, man I'd be rich! I have learned and am continually learning that God has a plan & whatever is meant to be will happen despite what hurdles we are faced with.

No comments:

Post a Comment