Go Camping/Plan a Cheap Weekend Getaway
So as I warned you last month, this may not look like your typical camping experience with tents, campfires, bugs & lack of showers. I mean did you really expect ME to do that?!?! I don't think so! Outdoor camping is not my idea of a good time. What Ryan & I did was more like "Glamping" if you don't know what that is, the Today show explains it perfectly! I actually haven't googled it before today, but there are a ton of sites. Here are some if you're interested: http://www.goglamping.net/ , http://www.glampinggirl.com/ , & my favorite definition from http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=glamping . I can see my friend, Jilll, shaking her head at me in disbelief and disappointment as my camping excursion did not include roughing it in the wilderness for a few days & eating hot dogs. Jill is an avid camper & I think she would live in a state of camping if she could. She loves her summer camp she went to for years & has already told me she will brain wash my future children to love it too. This is one thing where we are complete opposites!! Anyway....
Ryan & I wanted to plan a weekend getaway to celebrate our awesome 5 years of marriage that didn't break the bank & I wanted to go camping...I mean glamping. So where did we end up booking our trip? To the awesome Four Seasons in Las Colinas where else?! It was awesome. I had an in-room massage one morning, drinks by the pool every afternoon, saw Mark Cuban playing pool games with his cute family and a spectacular fireworks show over looking the golf course. We went over to University Park to eat at Maggiano's one night. My family & I eat there in Oak Brook, IL everytime we go up. The next night we ate at Via Real, a gourmet mexican restaurant recommended by some friends we met at the pool. Las Colinas/Dallas is a completely different world than FW. I felt as if we were in CA or NY. It's more glittery & fancy. People dress up for no reason or I guess on the off chance they run into celebrities they will be looking their best. FW hardly has any celebs & operates at a much slower pace where you can wear your "dressy jeans" to a fancy steak dinner. So that was my camping trip & our cheap weekend getaway in one. Ryan is still debating the cheap part, but it counts!
The Lobby:
Our surprise from my parents & hotel staff:
Night of the fireworks:
Room Service for Breakfast:
FAVORITE ANNIVERSARY YET!
No comments:
Post a Comment