Sunday, October 16, 2011

#12

Paint a Painting

Jenica had her 30th birthday party at A Piece of Work and we painted a Fleur de Lis. I am not a painter AT ALL, but I was still excited to give it a try. That is until I had to put the brush to the canvas. I was a little (ok, a lot) stressed out. Typically perfectionists & painting don't go very well together. I was hoping for a paint by numbers or draw it with a pencil & then paint activity, NOPE....it was all free hand and you start with a white blank canvas. If it wasn't for the instructor or Michelle fixing my painting it would not have turned out as well! I had a great time celebrating Jencia, but I don't think I'll take up painting as a hobby.

Here are some pictures of our fun night:
 



I got these pictures off of FB so they're a little blurry. It's ok, my Fleur de Lis isn't awesome. I think it looks like a cactus! All in all I had so much fun. But, good thing I'm not wanting to become a full time painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment