Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Trimester in Review

Man, I was so sick I lost 4 pounds in the first two months! It took me about 14 weeks before I had some energy back & didn't feel sick. By the end of the first trimester I had gained 3 of the pounds back. I had a hard time eating anything with flavor, dry meat, Italian food & fish. I wanted everything to be bland. I loved fried chicken tenders with white gravy, grilled cheese, sausage/breakfast food, OJ & then pb&j - strawberry jelly only.
The best part of the first trimester (besides finding out we were pregnant) was hearing the heart beat for the first time. It was awesome! I starting bawling I was so relieved. The heart beat was so strong & was 155.
We called the baby Pip, which is an orange seed. The size he was when we found out about him. It is truly a miracle that this jelly bean will be a real baby!

Here's a picture of me & the belly at the end of the first trimester:


A lot of my friends are trying to get pregnant or are pregnant already, so it's a lot of fun to be able going through this life stage together.

No comments:

Post a Comment