Saturday, January 15, 2011

#11

HOST A FAMILY HOLIDAY

On December 21st, I hosted my 2nd annual Grandmother's Tea with my sister. We invited all of our Grandmothers (sadly I'm down to 3 from 5) and enjoyed hot tea & brunch together. I love spending time & honoring them with our special tradition.

Christmas is always a busy time for me with my huge extended family. This year was no exception. Christmas morning RH & I went to my dad's house to celebrate his bday & Christmas with them. In the afternoon, my mom & stepdad came over for dinner. I provided appetizers, spinach salad with pistachios & orange marmelade dressing, pork loin, greek potatoes & rolls. My mom brought dessert & wine. I didn't want her to bring a lot since that was the whole point of hosting a family gathering. I liked staying at home & having others come over for the holiday, but I understand why people have these types of things catered!

No comments:

Post a Comment